Wiseman's Bridge Rowing Club FacebookTwitter

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Memberships due and Safety Briefing (mandatory) (Read 2265 times)
Jet
God Member

Live to row!

Memberships due and Safety Briefing (mandatory)
Mar 12th, 2018 at 9:37pm

Itís that time of year and membership is now due by the end of March.

Membership forms can be downloaded from the website and I will also leave spares at Erging for everyone to complete.

We will also be holding a safety briefing at the sailing club on Saturday 24th March from 10-12. All club members must sign to prove they have attended a safety brief every year prior to the start of the season. Ideally we will need as many people to come along so that we only need to put on one or two more sessions to plug any gaps. There is a rumour that there may be bacon rolls...

Please post if you are coming along

This is also an excellent opportunity to hand in membership forms if you havenít already done so.

Remember you will not be insured to row - indoor or outdoor after 1st April so it makes sense to get forms to me ASAP.

Any questions give me a shout!

Smiley

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog!"

IP Logged

Nicky
YaBB Newbies

Re: Memberships due and Safety Briefing (mandatory)
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:21am

Sorry we are unable to attend on Saturday as we are in London that weekend, but I will pick up a form tonight at erging and if not I will download one. Who can I give the money to or do I do a bank transfer?

Thanks Nicky D & Jemma (junior)

IP Logged

Sparker
God Member

i love rowing!

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 3:30pm

Great, thank you,  sorry,  i'm away that weekend.  x

IP Logged

carolineball

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Pentlepoir
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 5:04pm

Sorry we are away that weekend.

IP Logged

Gabi
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 8:47am

Hiya
are there forms at SSC for us to collect

Can we do a Tue or Thr evening as well for those that cant make 24th ?

IP Logged

Jet
God Member

Live to row!

Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2018 at 10:36pm

I will need all forms in by the 24th March with payments so I get them loaded on and sent to the WSRA by the end of March. You will not be able to row after the end of March if you haven't joined - this includes the ergs as membership also includes SSC. I will leave forms at SSC and presumably another safety brief will be organised after the 24th depending on who's left to train.

Please help me by getting all memberships in by then please!

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog!"

IP Logged

Nina

Row, row, row your boat....

Princes Gate
Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:54pm

There will be another painting session straight after this safety briefing. Since the first session VERY few people have turned up to help. Thank you Mel, Gabi and Bunty. The initial enthusiasm to get this work done wore off very quickly and the support I was offered hasnít materialised. We all have busy lives, but more hands means less work. Please try to stay behind for an hour or two or feel free to visit the club in your own time - I can give you some pointers on what needs doing and I donít need to be there to supervise!

Nina

IP Logged

Jake

Saundersfoot
Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 3:43am

Sorry folks, I'm busy getting cooked in the desert, hopefully back home on the 25th.

IP Logged

Dustbin Dan
God Member

Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 11:43am

Hi Nina, where are these painting sessions communicated? I must admit I haven't seen one (The forum should be the first place to see it) but am willing to help. Jess also.
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2018 at 5:50pm by Dustbin Dan »  

IP Logged

Nina

Princes Gate
Reply #9 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 11:24pm

Dan, I have to confess to being a very poor user of the forum. However the initial decorating emails went out to all SSC members (including WBRC) back in January inviting people to a meeting about club refurbishment. The meeting was held and the work started immediately after. Since then, there have been at least 4 posts on WBRC Facebook page and a monthly press report mentioning it, some photos were put up weeks ago. The painting happens every weekend because I work during the week and John works away all week.The decorating equipment and paints have been left there from day 1 so people are welcome to go in during the week but so far no-one has. Anyone who has visited the club since the end of January will be very aware of whatís going on. Iím sorry if you feel youíve been left out of the loop but your help would be very much appreciated. The clubroom is making progress but there is also the bar, stairs and down stairs entrance to paint. Iíd hoped to do the changing rooms too but I now think thatís too ambitious.

IP Logged

Dustbin Dan
God Member

Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 8:50am

No worries. If there's a painting party Saturday after the safety briefing (which I'll also attend) then I'll be available chip in. I unfortunately haven't been down the club in sometime and am out the loop on certain things.†

IP Logged

Jet
God Member

Live to row!

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 2:17pm

Please make sure that if you are unable to attend on Saturday, I will still need your form to enter your details  on the system to send to the WSRA early next week - forms can be emailed/posted to me or left at SSC to be collected on Saturday. If you miss this  deadline, you will be unable to row indoor or outdoor after 1st April until we put another batch through. As you can appreciate this is a large admin task for the club, SSC and the WSRA so all help to get the forms done on time is appreciated!

Thanks to all those who have done BACs payments and emailed forms so far.

Details for BACs are  20-37-82 Acc No 70605948

If you want my email or home address I can PM you the details

Thank you  Smiley

IP Logged

AndyR
God Member

One life live it to the
max become a rower

Stay safe and enjoy yourselves
Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2018 at 9:25pm

I'll try and be there Saturday for the briefing and also bring some kit down to assist with the painting session. Nina/John is there a specific painting plan for this Saturday?

I am not listening to you, I'm thinking about rowing!
AndyR distown  
IP Logged

Nina

Princes Gate
Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 10:47pm

Lots to do Andy

Main room:finish beams, complete side wall, gloss everywhere (windowsill, skirtings, architraves), last coat on bar front (all white) some decorators caulk needs doing also

Inside bar:Bar ceiling, bar side wall and possible some gloss work

Stairs:walls?, windowsills, skirting

All necessary equipment is available in the club.

IP Logged

AndyR
God Member

One life live it to the
max become a rower

Stay safe and enjoy yourselves
Reply #14 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 11:04pm

Ok thanks Nina, we will try and move progress on a bit this Saturday afternoon  Wink

I am not listening to you, I'm thinking about rowing!
AndyR distown  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print