Wiseman's Bridge Rowing Club FacebookTwitter

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Committee Safety Topics August 2017 (Read 1597 times)
Hunter
YaBB Administrator

I can "Hang Tough" with
the best of them!!

Third rock from the sun
Committee Safety Topics August 2017
Aug 7th, 2017 at 2:55pm

After a recent Committee meeting,  safety items were discussed and we wanted to communicate the items to our members. The full minutes from the meeting will be posted in the coming days.
Any comments, please see one of our committee peeps  Kiss

Reminder – “If in doubt DON’T go out”
- Discussion re one incident where two boats planned to go out, one did one did not due to inexperienced crew and slightly challenging conditions, damage was sustained to boat on landing due to rough conditions. Take care at all times, take crew competence into account and the changing beach conditions with the change in tide

– On discussion All oars are to remain out to ensure Cox has options for safe and full control of boat when approaching beach to land and all crew to remain seated until instructed to move by cox

– Reminder ,  Always get in and out of boat  the side the Oar is NOT attached as less risk of getting caught/hit by oar

– Always have a plan between the boats on what is occurring during row, once everyone launched all coxes to carry out radio check to one another, radios to be with coxes at all times NOT in dry bag and on Channel 37.. New attachments to be fitted to cox seat to allow better radio access

- Basic info such as Coast Guard etc. to be put onto A4 laminated sheet and attached to stroke foot block for Cox to easily see in case of emergency

- New VHF radios – one via community council, one purchased by club
Laminated crib sheet for radio use drawn up to be checked and put in grab bag to assist with radio training

Thank you to our committee for taking the time to discuss this and other topics and if you have questions or suggestions please let us know ..  Cool

When You need to harden the f*** up before a race, I find a spoon full of cement helps!!

IP Logged

Gabi
YaBB Administrator

I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Re: Committee Safety Topics August 2017
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:14pm

Can I add a reminder to everyone ... it was not discussed at meeting but is a club policy that gets forgotten

Lifejackets ..... they are to be worn by coxes / all juniors/newbies/those who risk assessment says they should wear them but ..... They should never be left in boat before or after a row, keep them on and return to container without them sloshing around in sea water as it does them no good at all.

81+Oakfield+Drive  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print